Arthropocalypse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alright, let's actually get some shit done.

+3
Tiggurix
Naryzhud
Alpharius
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alright, let's actually get some shit done. Empty Alright, let's actually get some shit done.

Post  Alpharius Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Given how the project has been in limbo for more than a month, I think it's time for some people interested in being involved to take on various parts of the project personally, and provide regular updates.

Some things that spring to mind as things that can be delegated (Things that either need to get started, or that have already been started but which need to be refined):

- Combat System
- Character Creation
- Skill Checks
- Economy
- Equipment
- Leveling Up
- The Various Families
Alpharius
Alpharius

Back to top Go down

Alright, let's actually get some shit done. Empty Re: Alright, let's actually get some shit done.

Post  Naryzhud Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:50 am

Alright i'm not really up to anything so i'll volunteer myself for something.

I think the combat system is off to a good start with a decent write up by quest lord in the thread and being refined as a group seems to work fine.

Character creation will need to get done before we solidify the families stuff i think, so we have a set template to work each family off.

Skill checks is perhaps too specific, perhaps have someone do the entire system of skills and what characteristics each ties into...

I thought we agreed against equipment? Or is that meaning stuff like food and such, in which case perhaps it would be best tied into economy.

Perhaps we should take one or two families each (there don't seem to be too many of us) and get familiar with them as a way to get started on that side of things and once the character creation is ready we can just jump right in with it.

We also probably need some rules for flight as it looks like a vast amount of our characters are going to be able to do it, with all but the spiders having at least some capability of it...

I'm happy to have a go at character creation and look at grasshoppers and bees (i think it was bees we decided were going to be the baseline "human" equivalent...) If anyone else is really keen on either or both of those i don't mind changing though...
Naryzhud
Naryzhud

Back to top Go down

Alright, let's actually get some shit done. Empty Re: Alright, let's actually get some shit done.

Post  Naryzhud Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:23 am

Oh right, and a random thought for later in the development process, what about a published adventure to include with the rules?
Naryzhud
Naryzhud

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiggurix Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:01 pm

Actually, Spiders are also capable of flight when they're young and small; they just spin a thread and let the wind carry them to new places.

Are you going to include maritime arthropods? And perhaps other creatures such as caphalopods? In that case, I'd be most interested in doing them.
Tiggurix
Tiggurix

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiggurix Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:09 pm

Also, I want mention that I think we should continue with, as has been suggested, cockroaches as the basic 'human' species.
Tiggurix
Tiggurix

Back to top Go down

Alright, let's actually get some shit done. Empty Help?

Post  ChickenSpider Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:12 pm

If you need anything, I'm here. I am willing to do anything, though I would prefer to work on fluff.
ChickenSpider
ChickenSpider

Back to top Go down

Post  Quest Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Bamp!

Bumping this, inviting everyone back to get things moving and shaking again.
Quest Lord
Quest Lord
Admin

https://arthropocalypse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Grawflemaul Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Fuck yeah, things happening.

Alright, I agree on cockroaches being the default "human" type. We share a lot of the same qualities after all.

I definitely reckon we should leave the undersea world for another time. That's opening up a whole new can of worms. So to speak.

Economy and equipment really depends on fluff. Are these barely sentient insects, struggling to survive in a horrible, horrible world? Or are they properly civilised? Are their spider monks spinning history webs, and ants slaving away under the harsh rule of the Queen in the dystopian anthills?

Of course, that's not to say you can't have both levels represented. The same system, but different levels of fluff.

Also, I reckon we should definitely have the option of considerably more freedom during character creation. There's no way we can cover every single type of arthropod, but if we give some form of modular system, people can make their own species.

Uh, and family-wise, I'm happy to do anything. Maybe I should do bees, wasps and hornets to try and get over my crippling fear of the horrid creatures.

Grawflemaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Quest Lord Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Are these barely sentient insects, struggling to survive in a horrible, horrible world? Or are they properly civilised? Are their spider monks spinning history webs, and ants slaving away under the harsh rule of the Queen in the dystopian anthills?
Why not both? Have the centre of "civilisation" as the primary location, and as bugs wonder further away from this place, the bugs get less sentient, less "cultured", more like real bugs?
Quest Lord
Quest Lord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naryzhud Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:00 pm

That's an interesting concept there Quest Lord, with the epicentre of the "event" being where the most advanced insects come from...

As far as actual rules go (imo that's more a fluff thing), i thought we agreed to make rules for both extremes and everything between.

Alright though folks, back to the topic of getting shit done, we've got myself looking into grasshoppers, Grawflemaul you up for doing bees for real or would you rather do cockroaches or something if you're actually that terrified of them? Chickenspider, if you're willing to do something that'd be handy, things seem to be somewhat halting at the minute.

Shall we try and get the families done next then?

Ants and Termites - ?
Bees, Wasps and Hornets - Grawflemaul?
Beetles - ?
Butterflies and Moths - ?
Cockroaches - ?
Flies - ?
Grasshoppers, Crickets and Katydids - Naryzhud
Spiders - ?

Come on folks lets get some more of these question marks filled in and maybe even completed! bounce
Naryzhud
Naryzhud

Back to top Go down

Post  Quest Lord Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Naryzhud wrote:
Ants and Termites - ?
Bees, Wasps and Hornets - Grawflemaul?
Beetles - ?
Butterflies and Moths - ?
Cockroaches - ?
Flies - ?
Grasshoppers, Crickets and Katydids - Naryzhud
Spiders - ?

Come on folks lets get some more of these question marks filled in and maybe even completed! bounce
I'll sign up for ants and termites if no-one else really wants it. However, between NaNoWriMo and a few other projects, I'm likely to be busy and not get heaps done, so if anyone else wants it, let them have it, and put me elsewhere.
Quest Lord
Quest Lord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grawflemaul Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:09 am

I'm not quite that terrified of them. I'm all for the enslavement of bees, but wasps and hornets can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah, I'll start doing some research and working on them either today or tomorrow. Like I say, it might even help. After all, if you stat it, it will die.

Grawflemaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 am

I just got back to this forum...my unfortunate tendency towards spaciness got the better of me, I'm afraid.
Perhaps we should be creating /tg/ threads about this - more input may lead to confusion, but it's a great source of new ideas and perspectives.
Sasha
Sasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Grawflemaul Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:43 am

I think what would help is if we could get a small amount of shit done to act as the foundation for others. If we could basically put together an Alpha document, with the basic system and a few family's worth of crunch, then far more people are likely to be interested.

Besides, consulting the /tg/an overmind is great for fluff, and not so great for building crunch from the ground up. If we get the basics of crunch sorted by ourselves, we're over the first hurdle.

Grawflemaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Naryzhud Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:21 am

Bumpity bump.

Seems we've slowed down again folks, lets try and help some shi/t g/et done!
Naryzhud
Naryzhud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm still around! Offline matters keep intruding, but I still want to play this damn game.
Sasha
Sasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Grawflemaul Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:11 am

I'm still around, been somewhat busy, but still here.

In fact, I had the exact same thought about a week ago when I was out walking the dog and saw a whole bunch of spiders all marching across the road in the same direction. The first thing that sprung to mind was Arthropacalypse, but then I started a new job which consumed whole days at a time. Now that I'm settling into the schedule though, I'm totally down for getting some more shit done.

Grawflemaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Grawflemaul wrote:I'm still around, been somewhat busy, but still here.

In fact, I had the exact same thought about a week ago when I was out walking the dog and saw a whole bunch of spiders all marching across the road in the same direction. The first thing that sprung to mind was Arthropacalypse, but then I started a new job which consumed whole days at a time. Now that I'm settling into the schedule though, I'm totally down for getting some more shit done.

...well, that's a little bizarre. Wonder why they were doing that?
Sasha
Sasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Naryzhud Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:14 am

Sasha wrote:Wonder why they were doing that?

It's begun.... Twisted Evil
Naryzhud
Naryzhud

Back to top Go down

Post  Quest Lord Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Well, my semester is almost over, with my last exams friday. What better procrastination then getting this old ball rolling again!
Quest Lord
Quest Lord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naryzhud Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:44 am

Speaking of shi/tg/etting done, can we get the what's official thread updated cause whilst progress has been slow in the last two years, it's not been non-existant... Cool
Naryzhud
Naryzhud

Back to top Go down

Post  Grawflemaul Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:26 am

It's funny, only the other day I checked this place out again, saw there were no new posts except for some spambots and deleted my bookmarks. It seems I gave up on you lot way too easy.

But yeah, let's get shit done guys. I'm kinda all over the place in terms of working on gaming stuff. I've got an A4 page full of things I keep meaning to work on but have never gotten round to. I can't promise I'll be able to help out all the time, but I'll do my best.

Grawflemaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Naryzhud Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:22 pm

I think we're pretty much all in the same boat Grawflemaul, but if we keep plugging away we'll get there in the end...
Naryzhud
Naryzhud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Naryzhud wrote:I think we're pretty much all in the same boat Grawflemaul, but if we keep plugging away we'll get there in the end...

Indeed!
Progress is progress, even if slow.

Again, after the next month-and-a-half or so, I should be able to get more active here.
Sasha
Sasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 am

I LIVE!
Anyone else still around?
Sasha
Sasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next