Arthropocalypse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family Crunch: Flies

5 posters

Go down

Family Crunch: Flies Empty Family Crunch: Flies

Post  Alpharius Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:56 am

Basic statline, species-specific traits, etc. Species suggested so far:

- House Fly
- Fruit Fly
- Botfly
- Bee Mimics
- March Fly/Horsefly

Last edited by Quest Lord on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unstickin')
Alpharius
Alpharius

Back to top Go down

Family Crunch: Flies Empty Re: Family Crunch: Flies

Post  Bogleech Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:26 am

Robber flies are cool and powerful predators, and mosquitoes are something a lot of people might want to play.

There are nectar-feeding hoverflies, predatory robber flies and various parasitoids that all mimic bees, so maybe bee mimicry could be an ability you can choose for various flies>

Bogleech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 am

When I think fly, what I think of first of all is aerial acrobatics. They should definitely specialize in stunt flying - maybe an arthropod equivalent of rogues? For a housefly, I'm really not sure how they'd be able to do damage to something, but their crazy flying skills seem like they could be fun to play. Maybe give them upgraded acid spit or something like that.
Sasha
Sasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Quest Lord Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Sasha wrote:When I think fly, what I think of first of all is aerial acrobatics. They should definitely specialize in stunt flying - maybe an arthropod equivalent of rogues? For a housefly, I'm really not sure how they'd be able to do damage to something, but their crazy flying skills seem like they could be fun to play. Maybe give them upgraded acid spit or something like that.
Houseflies would be dodge-tanks or something similar maybe? I'm not sure that they should be able to do heaps of damage, but some amount of damage to make them reasonably fun to play is likely a good move, unless someone can think of a way that it's fun to play a character that is all about mobility, and can't damage much at all.
Quest Lord
Quest Lord
Admin

https://arthropocalypse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Quest Lord wrote:
Sasha wrote:When I think fly, what I think of first of all is aerial acrobatics. They should definitely specialize in stunt flying - maybe an arthropod equivalent of rogues? For a housefly, I'm really not sure how they'd be able to do damage to something, but their crazy flying skills seem like they could be fun to play. Maybe give them upgraded acid spit or something like that.
Houseflies would be dodge-tanks or something similar maybe? I'm not sure that they should be able to do heaps of damage, but some amount of damage to make them reasonably fun to play is likely a good move, unless someone can think of a way that it's fun to play a character that is all about mobility, and can't damage much at all.

The only two ways I can think of to give houseflies any damage at all are:
1) Acid spit. They've already got something like this (but way toned-down) for how they eat - just make it more potent, to the point where they can spit on something at short range and actually damage it.
2) Weapons. If we do decide that bugs can make primitive tools, something like spears or daggers would work pretty well for them.
Sasha
Sasha

Back to top Go down

Post  Quest Lord Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Sasha wrote:
Quest Lord wrote:

The only two ways I can think of to give houseflies any damage at all are:
1) Acid spit. They've already got something like this (but way toned-down) for how they eat - just make it more potent, to the point where they can spit on something at short range and actually damage it.
2) Weapons. If we do decide that bugs can make primitive tools, something like spears or daggers would work pretty well for them.

Indeed. Make their acid spit *really* weak, unless the player maxes it to the exclusion of almost near everything else, but between weapons, flanking bonuses and other stuff to do in combat, they can become utility characters, an asset in and out of combat.
Quest Lord
Quest Lord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naryzhud Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:30 am

I thought we weren't going down the weapons route with this although i suppose they could drop rocks and shit? The acid spit idea has merit though, but i think it should be very weak, with their role being more scouting/harassing. Maybe have a pick up/drop attack for smaller foes?
Naryzhud
Naryzhud

Back to top Go down

Post  Quest Lord Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:54 am

Naryzhud wrote:I thought we weren't going down the weapons route with this although i suppose they could drop rocks and shit? The acid spit idea has merit though, but i think it should be very weak, with their role being more scouting/harassing. Maybe have a pick up/drop attack for smaller foes?
Indeed, by weapons we meant very simple weapons, and generally these will be poor options for dealing damage. Dropping rocks, transporting smaller team mates and potentially wrestling with weaker ones.
Quest Lord
Quest Lord
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down